In previous articles, we have talked about how to weave simple beaded jewelry such as earrings and bracelets. Now, we want to tell you how to weave necklaces and tows that will decorate and put an accent on the image of beauty. Beaded jewelry is a graceful creation, which can be done with your own hands. However, this requires a lot of patience and the right materials.
Beaded Jewelry: Necklace ‘Dance’
Beaded jewelry is made from different weaving techniques. Our necklace will be woven in the technique of tow weaving. A necklace consists of a decorative piece and 2 back pieces made in the technique of mosaic tow.
We need to use the beads of dark-blue and white color, oblong, or bugle beads of 3 inches. Also, we need snap, decorative tips and 2 large dark blue beads of 0.5 inches. The threads must be strong and thin enough. You can also use a strand of wire.
1. Weave the back part of the necklace, which consists of 2 parts. every detail of the back part is the tow woven one with dark blue mosaic beads. The length of the tow is 5”. Cast 5 beads and close them in the circlet. Pull the thread through the 1stbead. Then, weave each of the next row of 5 beads according to the scheme, pulling the thread through the bead of the previous row. When the one-side row is ready, fasten the thread from one side and fix the necklace snap from the other side. Likewise, make the 2nd part of the necklace back.
2. The front decorative part is made of white, dark blue and oblong dark blue beads of 6mm. Do them according to the scheme of weaving 2. The length of the front side is 5”. Fasten the threads from both sides as well, but do not cut them. Leave them for connecting the back parts of the necklace.
3. Weave a mosaic tow from dark-blue beads (as described in point 1). The length of the tow is 12”. Connect 1 edge of the tow with the front part of the necklace. Make weavings along the entire length of the front part. The tow end is fastened from the front side of the other end.
4. To gather the necklace, connect the front of the necklace with the back pieces. Cast a big bead and the tip for a tow on the thread, which comes out of the end of the front part. Sew a thread to a mosaic tow. Fasten several times and pull the needle through the bead and the tip. Fasten the front part with the tow from the front side, the same way you did it before.
Beaded Jewelry: Necklace ‘Mysterious forest’
This necklace is made in a dark green color. Use shiny beads and bugles of shiny and matte coating. We also need a snap for necklace and 2 7mm beads of dark green color. This necklace is made of the front side and 2 back side parts of tows.
1. Make 2 back side parts of dark green beads. The length of the tows is 5”. The tows are woven the same way as point 1 (description of necklace weaving ‘Dance’).
2. The central part is woven of beads and a dark green color bugles. The length of the front spiral part is 8”. Cast 2 beads, 1 shining bugle, 3 beads, 1 matte bugle and 1 bead on the thread in that order. Tie the cast thread into the circlet. Pull the thread through the 1st bead.
Cast the first stitch through the 3rd bead, 1 shiny glass bead and 1 bead. Pull the 5th bead of the previous row through the thread. The 2nd stitch is pulled through the 3 beads, 1 matte bugle and 1 bead. The thread is pulled through the 1st bead of the previous row. The 3rd stitch consists of 3 beads, 1 shiny bugle and 1 bead. Pull the thread through the 2nd bead of the previous row. Thread the 2nd bead through the row of the 1st stitch. The 4th stitch is cast by 4 beads, 1 matte bead and 1 bead. Pull the thread through the 2nd bead of the 2nd stitch. Next, weave the stitches by interchanging matte and shiny bugles, to the end of the front part of the necklace.
3. To gather the necklace, connect the parts of the necklace as it is described above in paragraph 4, necklace ‘Dance.’
We hope that these beaded jewelry tips will bring you joy, as they are interesting and pleasant to wear.